The Mocha Diaries #6 - New Year's Resolutions

11:09 PM


What I love about New Year's is that you start off in a clean slate, no mistakes, no wrong decisions, no fights, no losses, no wins, everything is equal and right.

Like most of you, you've written down resolutions that you promise yourself that you have to achieve within the next 12 months. To be honest, I haven't really written down a full resolution list for many years. The last I've written was about 5 years ago, when I was 13? I guess? It was for some class that requires us to write resolutions. Or maybe I've written down resolutions before but I don't remember anymore? But anyway, Since I grew up and have decisions for myself, I was hoping to write more realistic and achievable resolutions that I can and hope to accomplish by the end of the year.

So for 2014 and the next 12 months ahead of me, I will..

  1. Live a healthy lifestyle. It's hard. It's been hard. You know that. I made water my best friend and I gave up rice, fast food, chips, and sweets just for this. It's my first resolution because it's my number one priority. And hell, I am not going to give up no matter what. Plus, I need to prove people wrong.
  2. Stop being so insecure. I need to learn to love myself more. Insecurities are the reasons why I stay at home and mope about how unattractive I look, or how heavy I am, or how my face is not as flawless as the other girls.. There's always someone out there who's much better than I am. But I bet everyone thinks the same. Maybe that's not the key to love yourself. Believe in what makes you feel happy. If you feel pretty, then say it to yourself and believe in it. You don't need anyone else to prove you wrong. I need to learn to trust in myself. 
  3. Earn more and save more. Let's face it, I love shopping. The reason stopping me is that every month I always go broke and I never save a lot. I just hope I can just stop being so impulsive and insatiable about things. I just keep wanting more and more. I just wish I could start saving for my New York fund or for a studio I've been wanting to have. Anything for my future. 
  4. Learn to cook. I love to eat no doubt, but I am no genius when it comes to cooking. It's ironic how my dad is an executive chef and my mom is an HRIM student. They both love cooking and creating new recipes. I just feel bad that I'm missing out the most fun chore in the house. I always loved to cook, the preparing the tasting the experimenting.. it's endless! But I just don't know how to do it. I can't cook a simple hotdog or eggs.. I bring shame to my family /hides. Sometimes if I feel like giving up on my cooking frustration I just wish my future husband knows how to cook or else I'll be a take out queen forever. 
  5. Take more pictures. I'm not giving up my dream as a fashion photographer. I've been on hiatus on photography for months now but I still won't give up. I still have my dreams to accomplish. I just need to have a car, and more models to work with. *wink wink*
  6. Update more. May it be in instagram or here in my blog. I feel like I'm being more and more unmotivated each day. I need to be more creative again. Unleash the artist in me. 
  7. Read more books. If you haven't noticed, I'm a bookworm. I love to read. I just love the feeling of drowning myself in books all day and going on an adventure without going anywhere. Let my imagination play its parts. Be a character. Love a character. Travel to places and places. I promise myself that I should at least buy a book every month to cope my needs. 
  8. Complain less. I always never realize that I already have enough of what I need, yet I go beyond that to have what I want. Sometimes, for the better choices, you can go beyond from what you want but always know your limitations. I'll be more thankful with what I have and start giving out more than having. 
  9. Stay positive. I am a sucker for good vibes. Walking home listening to music with sunset? Yes please. I always never forget to start my day with a smile and a prayer. It starts up my day. I always drink coffee to pump up my energy and do a 30-45 minute work out. Because a small workout is better than no work out. Sweating releases happy vibes. And it works wonders for me. I just hope that for the next 12 months, I can find reasons to smile. 
  10. Go out more. No, seriously. I've been a house bunny since forever. I'm not living life as much! I need to learn to commute more and have fun outside my house. 
  11. Be fearless. I must stop being scared for what's coming. Stop doubting and hide from my failures, embarrassments and mistakes. We all have those hard times but we need those to learn. I need to accept my mistakes and move on. I need to improve my personality and be more appreciative. 
  12. Learn to love again. We have loved for different reasons. We were wounded, broken into pieces, resented love, embittered our past, and cried for many reasons. I had enough of that. This 2014, I promise myself to not let my guard down, to not misunderstand sweet nothings, to not expect more, and to not assume. I've been on a roller coaster ride because of love. But not this time. I'll take care of my heart from now on. 
That's about it! Something I know I can achieve easily. That's not all ofcourse. I still have a few resolutions hidden somewhere in my journal because you can never have enough New Year's resolutions. You can make more and more everyday. New Year is a chance to be a new you. Be the better version of you. 

Any other resolutions you think you can achieve this year? I would love to hear yours! Go ahead and start grabbing a pen or paper and write your very own new year resolution list! If you are having problems starting your resolution just remember these quotes or get started here:

  • "It is never too late to be what you might have been." -- George Eliot 
  • "The secret of getting ahead is getting started." -- Sally Berger
  • "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." -- Maria Robinson
  • "The universe has no restrictions. You place restrictions on the universe with your expectations." -- Deepak Chopra
Cheers to the New Year ahead of us! See you in 2014! 
xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Disclaimer

All photos in this blog are from © Monica Chavez unless stated otherwise. Please do not steal them & use without permission. Comments & Suggestions are welcomed.