5 tips to stay passionate

7:58 PM


"Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing." - Hunter S. Thompson

I really love passionate people. I like seeing that light in their eyes when they start talking about something they love. 

I'm a ridiculously passionate person. In whatever I do, I do it with my will & all my heart. No matter what it is, work, hobbies, school, you name it. When I have a goal that I want to reach (no matter how big or small) I always find myself planning to do whatever it takes to reach that goal. 

I'll be graduating college this Saturday, the (FUN)employed life will soon be upon us. And for sure, going out looking for a job or a gig will always be the hardest times. You'll get to the point that you lose motivation & your passion. So when you find your life in idle, here's some tips that I thought I should share to remind yourself how to stay passionate. 

1. Talk about it

Until all your friends & family are annoyed hearing about it. Talking about whatever that makes you passionate increases your motivation and drive to pursue it. And if you're superstitious like me, I just hate talking about plans in the future because I'm afraid I'll just jinx everything and end up getting disappointed. But now that I think about it, talking about what I'm passionate about helps to remind me everyday why I started a certain hobby or a goal. Talking about it, sharing it with your friends, let people know your passions, keeps you motivated. 

2. Keep your fantasies & realities intact. 

There are limits to imaginations & our fantasies. It's okay to dream big. But you always have to look at the realistic side of things. Don't drown yourself with illusions and your fantasies that you'll forget what your reality is. But don't torture yourself with the brutal truth too. Find a sense of balance between your imaginations & reality. Always find a way to wake yourself up when you're in too deep on dreaming. Because, again, you don't want to end up disappointed after aiming your goals and dreams too high. It will hurt pretty bad when you fall. So stay grounded. 

3. Be productive everyday. 

Yes, everyday. Find something to do or a goal to accomplish everyday. It doesn't matter how big or small it is. It keeps your mind working, it gives you a sense of accomplishment and it practices your mind to motivate yourself to do something. Make a to do list, plan your week, write, read, clean your room, just anything! Create a vision that makes you want to jump out of the bed in the morning. Stay inspired!

4. Allow change to come into your life. 

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." - Kurt Vonnegut.

This has been said a lot of times but change is a good thing. Having the same routine everyday can be a bore. Wake up, go to school/work, sleep & repeat. Change up a routine, learn new hobbies, be creative! So if there comes a time you haven't reached a goal or a dream, then it might be the chance to try a new goal instead. As one of my friends says "Passion has no deadline." Don't be afraid to try something new. You don't like your job? You've always wanted to cook? Quit that job & enroll yourself to a culinary class! Always always welcome change.  

5. Keep a cheerful & positive attitude. 

Believe it or not, being positive all the time helps a lot on keeping you passionate. I've always been tagged as cheerful & bubbly. But I had my worst days, I've been through a lot just like any of you. But that doesn't stop me towards my goals. I keep a positive mind because why waste such a beautiful life listening to all the negativity in the world? You'll be judged, criticized, look down on, brought down by your colleagues, your own family & friends, but so what? You are not born to please anyone in this world. You are your own person. You live your life as you'd want it to be & as it should be. Don't listen to what other people say about you. Live your life to the fullest. Keep your head up high, breathe & smile. 


Goodluck! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Disclaimer

All photos in this blog are from © Monica Chavez unless stated otherwise. Please do not steal them & use without permission. Comments & Suggestions are welcomed.