2 Holiday Books

10:00 AM


On the 2nd day of Blogmas, Santa gave to me? 2 Holiday Books!

A little disclaimer, I'm no good at giving professional reviews on the books I'd be sharing a little later. So these are really just my two cents. So, go easy on me on this one.

Reading has been one of my hobbies growing up. Surprise! For a girl who loves fashion & make up and all girly things in the world, I do love some good ass cheesy rom-com books. I'm not the Jane Austen, Daniel Steele type of reader. I'm a regular at the young-adult section. 

You know, those light-hearted sweet romantic young-adult stories that make you cringe and can't stop reading because you'd want to know if the female protagonist would ever end up with her crush? Yep, those. I'm a sucker for cute happy endings. (But I'm open to reading some other genre as well, I'm just really comfortable with the young-adult section. *clings tight to the YA section of every bookstore*)



1. Dash & Lily's Book Of Dares


I remember the first time reading this. It was a holiday night at the Bonifacio Global City's branch, Fullybook, where me & my mom were waiting for either my Dad or brother at that time. I was just searching for a good book to pass time. And then I saw this at the young-adult section, read the summary, thought it was interesting and then gave it a try. Little did I know, I was already in the deeper part of the book. When we had to leave, I couldn't help but not to let go of the book so I bought it.

“I want to believe there is a somebody out there for me. I want to believe that I exist to be there for that somebody.” 
― Rachel Cohn, Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

This was one of my favorite (and still is!) holiday books written by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. You could say it's a holiday adventure where two young adults venture into sharing dares, dreams & thoughts by passing a red notebook back and forth. It was all fun & games at first but ofcourse, in classic young-adult book fashion, they fell in love. It was exciting knowing if they'll ever get to meet. So, I bet you're dying to know, "Will they ever?". Head on to your favorite book store and grab a copy of this! Experience going around New York city with Dash & Lily and experience their dares!

2. Let It Snow

Connected stories, different characters, various authors, extraordinary holiday romance!

Seriously had fun with this one! I got this one last year & after this, I'm giving it another read again. I just love how each stories are all connected. Plus, it's written by 2 of my favorite author's so I just had to give it a try!

Let's go through it one by one, alright?

“I always had this idea that you should never give up a happy middle in the hopes of a happy ending, because there is no such thing as a happy ending. Do you know what I mean? There is so much to lose.”
― John Green, Let It Snow


The Jubilee Express
by Maureen Johnson

What comes after unfortunate events? Good karma! After Jubilee was forced to spend Christmas with her grandparents in Florida after her parents got arrested for participating in a riot. When she thought her day won't get any worse, her train got stuck in a large snowstorm on Christmas eve. She meets Jeb who was trying to reach her girlfriend. And then she also encounters a group of cheerleaders whom she attempts to distance herself due to them annoying her. But later on while she was trying to call her boyfriend Noah, she runs into Stuart, fellow teenager & employee at Target.

And then Jubilee found herself in a series of chain events.

Love story hint: One got out of a bad breakup & One, is about to.

A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle 
by John Green

A stormy adventure with 3 friends, Tobin, Duke (tomboyish girl whose real name is Angie) and JP. Where the trio were lured to their local Waffle House by their friend Keun, who tells them that a group of cheerleaders just entered the store and requesting to play Twister. Thinking of travelling with the game is a waste of time, Duke was initially reluctant to go but got persuaded by Tobin because their will be hashbrowns. (I mean, who wouldn't say no to hashbrowns!) Then a series of mishaps and chase happened along the way to the Waffle House.

Once they reach the waffle house though, they met Jeb, who was still trying to reach his girlfriend and asked if they knew Addie. When Tobin says no, Jeb asks them that if ever they see her to please tell her he was delayed and that she knew what it meant.

Love story hint: One friend got jealous over one friend who was trying to talk to a cheerleader.

The Patron Saint Of Pigs 
by Lauren Myracle

This third story is about a girl named Addie who cut her hair short and dyed it pink because she wanted change after she got depressed from her break up with her boyfriend Jeb. A little backstory, when they got together, Addie tried to change Jeb. This resulted to Jeb feeling inferior and the two fighting. After the misunderstanding, a Christmas angel & a cute teacup pig, Addie realized her mistakes along the way.

Love story hint: One more chance.

You really can get the hint where the stories are connected right? Grab this book if you're up for a fun, romantic, holiday adventure! Where the characters found love, realizing love, and accepts love again.

And that's it for my book recommendations this holiday! I actually read one more book that's similar to "Let it snow". It's entitled "My True Love Gave To Me". But unfortunately, I don't have a physical copy of the book. I read it on epub instead (And no it still doesn't compare as holding an actual book and turning actual pages. Not swiping the screen and adjusting the brightness every now and then)

But if I had to recommend one more, it's that book. "My True Love Gave To Me". It's twelve holiday romances with various authors. One of which is my favorite author's who co-wrote "Dash & Lily's Book of Dares" above, David Levithan! And also, Stephanie Perkins (another favorite author) who wrote the "Anna & the French Kiss" series!

So, get those tea, blankets & put on your pajama's and Happy Reading! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Disclaimer

All photos in this blog are from © Monica Chavez unless stated otherwise. Please do not steal them & use without permission. Comments & Suggestions are welcomed.