7 Ways to Step Up Your Hot Choco Game

10:00 AM



Must I say, no one is too old for some good ol' hot chocolate. And while we're at that, since we've all been drinking our hot choco ever since. Let's add a bit of change to them. Just to spice it up.

So first, okay, I lied with the 7 ways. I really just have 6. But hear me out! In this recipe, we'll use 1 main ingredient and have it in 6 different ways. (So, do the math)

Our main ingredient is ofcourse our favorite hot choco powder. I'm using milo on this one since this its my child hood favorite. And ofcourse, you can choose to use some unsweetened cocoa for alternative.

What you'll be needing: 



  • Milk Chocolate Chips
  • Mini Marshmallows
  • Peppermint Candy/Extract
  • Peanut Butter
  • Nutella
  • Cinnamon
  • Nutmeg
  • Dark Chocolate Bars
If you have at least one of these. You'll know where to base your hot chocolate. This whole recipe makes 1 cup each. 

Peppermint 


  • 2 tspns Milo/Unsweetened Cocoa
  • 1/2 cup whole milk 
  • 1/2 cup melted Chocolate Chips
  • 1 tspn peppermint extract or ground peppermint candy
Notice that I didn't add some sugar or maple syrup on this one. Since our peppermint candy and milk chocolate chips are already sweet, the amount added in will be as good as sugar. 

Melt your chocolate chips and mix it with your chosen cocoa powder and peppermint candy. Heat up your milk in the oven for atleast 1 minute and pour it in your cup. 

Nutmeg Dark Hot Choco


  • 2 tspns Milo/Unsweetened Cocoa
  • 2-3 small square bars of Melted Dark Chocolate
  • Pinch of Nutmeg powder
  • Shaved Dark chocolate for toppings
This one was interesting. It could pass off as your black coffee too. The strong aroma of nutmeg and dark chocolate makes an interesting combination. 

Optional: add in some sugar/honey/maple syrup if it's too bland.


Peanut Butter


  • 2 tspns Milo/Unsweetened Cocoa
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup melted milk chocolate chips
  • 1 tbspn creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup mini marshmallows

One of my favorites in this set! I'm a huge fan of peanut butter and I'd have it everyday as my breakfast with toasted wheat bread. So, having it as my drink at night is a win-win situation for me. Peanut butter err'day!

Simply warm up your milk in the oven for 1 minute, pour it in with your melted milk chocolate chips and stir the creamy peanut butter. Top it off with some cute mini marshmallows.

Cinnamon 



  • 2 tspns Milo/Unsweetened Cocoa
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 1 tsp maple syrup

I just can't get enough of cinnamon, can't I?? I had it as my black coffee and now I'm adding it on my hot choco as well!

Heat up your milk for 1 minute, mix with cinnamon & cocoa powder and stir the maple syrup in.


Nutella



  • 2 tspns Milo/Unsweetened Cocoa
  • 2 tbspn Nutella
  • 1 cup whole milk

Everyone's favorite chocolate spread. Nutella should be in every dessert. And when there's nutella? It always tastes good. No doubt. And also, Nutella is sweet enough to be your sugar. So you don't have to add up some syrups. It might be overdone. Double up your nutella if you'd like! (I did. Haha. #noshame)


Fusion



  • 2 tspns Milo/Unsweetened Cocoa
  • 1 tspn ground peppermint candy/peppermint extract
  • 1 tspn melted dark chocolate
  • 1 tspn nutella
  • Mini Marshmallows & Dark chocolate shavings for topping

When you think you just can't choose with one of them, mix some main ingredients up with this fusion hot chocolate! Top it off with some marshmallows and you're good to go.

And there you have it folks! Just choose what suits your tastebuds, adjust to your sweetness level, warm up the milk & pick your poison.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Disclaimer

All photos in this blog are from © Monica Chavez unless stated otherwise. Please do not steal them & use without permission. Comments & Suggestions are welcomed.